London Olympics: Closing Update with Vx, Animals in the Opening Ceremony, and Vegan Food
London Olympics: Closing Update
As the athletes celebrate their victories and defeats, and the Spice Girls rock the closing ceremony, we look back over the Olympics and update you on the vegan stories behind the games.
- We catch up with the vegan stories behind the Olympics, like Sandra Hood, Pogocafe, and Frys
- Ian updates you on the use of animals in the Opening Ceremony
- Rudy tells us who’s been coming to Vx, the little vegan shop that was braced for a difficult Olympics
- We sum up the experience of vegans looking for food at the Olympic Venues
In the first Olympic show, Diana suggested athletes you might want to cheer on the basis of their vegan sponsors rather than their flag:
- US Rowing, sponsored by “Perfect Snaque”, won 1 Gold and 2 Bronze medals
- The Women of US Water Polo, sponsored by vegan hair care products Malibu C, won Gold
- Unfortunately, Simon Whitfield broke his collarbone in a Triathalon cycling crash.
Vegan Cross and other businesses
Rudy owns and runs Vx (pronounced “V Cross”).
Animals at the Opening Ceremony
I shall blog about this soon. First Choice Animals went public in an article “Meet the Real Stars of the Olympic Opening Ceremony” in the UK Independent.
Vegan Food at the Olympic Venues
Update 19/8/12: I have blogged about the experiences of vegan spectators, as they reported on social media and to us.
The short version is to take your own food, but check the rules first.
Our thanks go to Robb Masters for the music, to Rudi for his time, and to everyone else I chased for answers and information.